We are trying to get the Emergency Preparedness committee jumpstarted and we will start by meeting this Wednesday 11/12 at 7:00 pm.
Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88496368865
The goal of the meeting is to determine where to start on a couple of ideas and get to know where we feel comfortable in participating.
Thought starters for directions to potential needs.
- We need people willing to:
- Share with people the direction that the Emergency Preparedness is going and seek input on what is missing.
- Report concerns and possibilities to the committee
- We need to create a directory of people willing to help:
- Where are these people?
- Who will make contact to find out who will participate-Block Reps or others?
- Inventory of skills, tools, etc. available
- Methods to Contact the volunteers
- Determine the availability method(s) of the directory
- At least one person is needed to keep us on track when we choose a direction and make notes about what we decide to accomplish. (History tells me that we will need that jog of memory to accomplish our goals or recognize that the goal is invalid.)
- We need to have responsible person(s) to get and maintain our connection to the city resources.
- We need person(s) that will setup and maintain method(s) of communication that will activate the responses needed at the time of an incident.
- We need to keep people focused on Emergency Preparedness
- By regular thoughts sent out in broadcast format (NextDoor, emails, etc.)
- Updating our website with interesting new things, ideas, stories, etc.
This may seem overwhelming and it will be a lot. As in all large processes, we will bite off a piece at a time. As the “we” gets bigger, the quicker things will be accomplished and the more complete will be our efforts. These are just some thoughts for now. The meeting will start to flesh out the reality.